Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Crafty Saturday!!

Ok so I know it's not Saturday but I was just thinking about all the crafts I want to do, I don't really have time for them but I am going to try and make time for them. I will try and do them during the week but they will most likely get done on Saturdays then I will post them on here for y'all to enjoy. I'm so excited for this new idea I just couldn't wait a whole THREE days to tell y'all. So for my first crafty Saturday craft I will give you something simple I don't have any pictures making this one (unfortunately) but it is relatively easy and if you have any questions just ask in the comments below!!

So I got this general idea from Pinterest but totally made it over tweaking it for my "cheapness" lol you will need:
A sturdy cardboard box. ( I used a diaper box)
Scrapbook Paper
Cooking skewers (I used 3)
Hot glue gun or modge podge (I used a hot glue gun because that's what I had)
Scissors
Ribbon

This ribbon holder was totally free for me yay!! All I did was take the diaper box and cut off the top flaps. Then I got a couple different designs of scrapbook paper that looked good together and used the solid blue design for the inside back and the striped design for the outside of the box. I kind of wish that I would have used the solid blue around the inside of the box too so that the card board wouldn't be showing but I didn't. I think I'm going to make a new one as you can see i am running out of room and need a bigger box. Anyways I got three cooking skewers and poked them through the box at the position I wanted. Took them out and wrapped the box with scrapbooking paper and then poked the skewers back through and vola' a ribbon holder!! Side note make sure that when you poke your skewers through stager them so that when your ribbons are hanging there they aren't touching. Any questions comment below :)
This is the website where i got the idea from that was pinned on Pinterest. Of course her ribbon holders are so much cuter than mine but I did the best I could with what I had :) enjoy!!
http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/2009/09/dresser-draw-ribbon-organizers.html









No comments:

Post a Comment